Sunday 18 September 2011

Danny & Daisy: Five days of Hell vs. Heaven

We shot my third short film between the 9th and 13th of September.

It was amazing, definitely one of the best experiences of my life. But as the title of this post suggests, the times did vary between excellent and not so excellent, as on any film shoot, I'm sure.

It consisted of less than 15 hours of sleep, in total. At least 3 red bulls per day. About 8 packs of Marlboro Menthols. No food.

Not the healthiest profession, perhaps, but despite all this crap I did have the time of my life. I got to do what I love. I usually shoot my films over 24hours, but this time we did 5 days in a row, filming for the best part of each day, everyday. Although all my cast & crew were my friends beforehand, these kind of shoots always leave people a big, newfound happy family. It always feels we've been on holiday together. I love these people as much as my job. They make it possible, afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment